Things to Do in Colombo, Sri Lanka’s Capital Colombo, a port city, with a rich colonial heritage, on the Western coast is a potpourri of races, religions and cultures. Colombo displays the best and worst the country has to offer. The city is a contrast itself, with mansions, lush gardens, fine dining options, shopping malls packed with expensive designer brands standing next to urban slums; diesel fumed congested roads and street markets.
Despite its small size just 37.31 km² Colombo offers a varying selection of experience ranging from taking a Tuk Tuk ride, a visit to Pettah market and eating Kottu to playing a round of golf and having high tea at one of the colonial style hotels overlooking the Indian Ocean.
With many boutiques filled with international brands and local art and fabrics Colombo is the best place to do the last minute shopping and then it’s best to retire to Galle face, Colombo;s playground for some Kottu or Wade.
1. Play a Round of Golf at The Royal Colombo Golf Club.
2. Enjoy a City Tour.
3. Eat Some Seafood on Mt Lavinia Beach.
4. Do Some Last Minute Shopping.
5. Indulge in a Massage at One Of Colombo’s Spas.
6. Take in Some Art from the Colombo National Museum.
7. Visit The Gangarama Temple.
8. Visit Dehiwala Zoological Garden.
9. Get Wet and Wild at Leisure World.
10. Sample the Nightlife.
11. Eat Some Kothu Rotti.
12. Go For a Ride in a Tuk Tuk.