The land of dreams and magic: Wedding in Sri Lanka
Make your fairy tale wedding come true in the magical land of Sri Lanka. A paradise island of glorious beaches, palm framed blue skies and tropical warmth, a little Garden of Eden to celebrate the most precious day of all! Say ‘I do’ amidst the breathtaking views of the hilly highlands or the windy lowlands, Sri Lanka is full of varying terrain that never ceases to be beautiful
Whether you plan an intimate gathering or a large lavish banquet, Lakpura Travels can accommodate all your requirements to the last detail. A unique ceremony, a customized package or a special experience – your wish, is our command. Leave all the details to us, all you need to do is bask in the glow of your love and make memories to treasure for a lifetime.
Wedding in Sri Lanka: LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
The legal requirements for Registration of Marriages of Foreign Nationals in Sri Lanka are very straightforward. You are required to produce the following documents to the Divisional/District Registrar of the area where your marriage would take place.The following original documents are required.
- Photocopy of birth certificate (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
- Photocopy of valid passport (original to be presented prior to the wedding day)
- Details of the names, addresses and occupations of the couple to be married
- Details of parents’ names, occupations and addresses
- An affidavit confirming marital status of bride and groom prior to the wedding. Should be signed by a Solicitor with company stamp.
- If either party to the marriage is divorced, a Decree Absolute proving the lawful termination of the previous marriage must be presented prior to the wedding ceremony
- If widowed, Death Certificate of former spouse of the previous marriage
- If names have been changed prior to the wedding, legal proof of change of name.
Wedding in Sri Lanka Gallery
Wedding in Sri Lanka: Frequently asked Questions
- Do we need a special kind of VISA to get married in Sri Lanka?
No, the standard tourist VISA always worked. However, we recommend that you check the effect of this with the governing bodies in your passport country as well.
- How long does the whole process usually take?
You need to spend 4 nights in Sri Lanka before getting married. The ministry endorsement takes 1 working day. So, it would roughly take around a week in Sri Lanka.