LK10010200: Unforgettable Lanka (01 Night)
Unforgettable Lanka is a short, single night, 2-day tour in beautiful Sri Lanka. Visit the Sigiriya Rock Fortress; a UNESCO World Heritage site deemed the eighth wonder of the world, and walk with the gentle giants of Sri Lanka in Pinnawala. Embark on a wildlife safari in the Minneriya National Park and explore the urban capital of Sri Lanka, Colombo and experience life in the commercial city. A tour of immense charm.
1 Night in Sigiriya
During your time in Sigiriya, you can engage in the following activities.
Dambulla Cave Temple
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
Sigiriya Village Tour
Get a chance to go on an oxen cart ride, and experience the world from the view of a village farmer. Have a relaxing catamaran safari through a calm lake. Walk through the golden fields ripe with their harvest of paddy. Watch an enjoyable traditional cooking demonstration that teaches you the basics of Sri Lankan cuisine. Delight your taste buds with a home cooked lunch; made over a wood-fire and served on fragrant lotus leaves placed over woven trays. Enjoy the life of a Sri Lankan villager, just this day
Minneriya National Park
This safari takes you on a ride through the Minneriya National Park. Enjoy the sight of over 150 elephants congregating in one place during the famous Great Elephant Gathering, which happens in the dry season between May to October. In addition to elephants, get a chance to also see many mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians in the scrublands, forests and other areas.
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ‘ the Lion Rock’. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past
The Millennium Elephant Foundation (MEF)
The Millennium Elephant Foundation (MEF) is a family run non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the welfare of domestic elephants throughout Sri Lanka. The Foundation provide and fund the care, medical treatments, food, mahout salaries, the running costs of the charity as well as having an on call Mobile Veterinary Unit which travels around the country treating sick elephants in need. The Elephant Walk Experience is another alternative to elephant riding for tourists, which is an ethical, up close and personal experience for tourists
On completion proceed to your hotel in Colombo.
Luxury (5 Star & Boutique)
- • 01 nights’ Accommodation in hotels as per the above itinerary or hotels of similar standards
- • Meals on Bed and Breakfast basis commencing with breakfast on Day 01 and ending with breakfast on Day 02
- • Private Transport with airport transfers in an Air-Conditioned Car throughout the tour. (2010 and Above Manufactured)
- • Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide
- • All applicable current local taxes, but subject to change at the time of booking
- • Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application
- • International / Domestic Airfare
- • Any expenses of personal nature
- • Tips & Portages
- • Cost of Beverages
- • Meals where not specified
- • Entrance fees and other services not mentioned above
- • 1 x 1 Litre Water Bottle Per Person Per Day
- • 1 Local SIM Card Per Room