1 Night in Dambulla
During your time in Dambulla, you can engage in the following activities.
Dambulla Cave Temple
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
Ancient Kingdom of Polonnaruwa
Visit the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, which was the second major capital of Sri Lanka. Walk through the ruins of the city that flourished between the 10th to the 13th century AD. View important monuments such as Gal Vihara, Vatadage, the lotus bath, Lankathilaka Temple and the statue of King Parakramabahu whose reign was considered the golden age of Polonnaruwa. Get to know more about Sri Lanka’s ancient history.
See “Hotels” for details on Accommodation
Sacred City of Anuradhapura
Walk through the ancient ruined city of Anuradhapura, which was the capital for over a millennium until the 10th century AD. View the pagodas, monastic buildings and ponds that are scatter all over the vast area. Visit important landmarks such as Jetavanarama, which was one of the tallest buildings of the ancient world, the Sri Maha Bodhi and the ruins of the huge Abhayagiri Monastery. Gain more knowledge about Sri Lanka’s history as you walk in the footsteps of Kings.
On completion start your journey back to your hotel in Colombo.
- 1 night’ Accommodation in hotels as per the above itinerary or hotels of similar standards
- Meals on Bed and Breakfast basis commencing with breakfast on Day 1 and ending with breakfast on Day 2
- Private Transport with airport transfers in an Air-Conditioned Car throughout the tour. (2010 and Above Manufactured)
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide
- All applicable current local taxes, but subject to change at the time of booking
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any expenses of personal nature
- Tips & Portages
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified
- Entrance fees and other services not mentioned above
- 1 x 1 Litre Water Bottle Per Person Per Day
- 1 Local SIM Card Per Room