2 Nights in Galle
During your time in Galle, you can engage in the following activities.
Visit the country home of the famous Sri Lankan architect Sir Geoffrey Bawa. Do a tour of its uniquely designed gardens and the sections of the home that are open to the public. See his signature design style that made Bawa possibly the best architect in the history of modern Sri Lanka.
Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. Learn more about the five endangered sea turtle species that come to the shores of Sri Lanka to nest. Learn how the Kosgoda Turtle Care Program helps protect the nests until they hatch and increases the chances of survival for the babies. Get a chance to see, touch and feed baby turtles; or even injured adult turtles that the Turtle Hatchery cares for.
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage. Observe the waterbirds in their natural habitats.
Handungoda Tea Factory
Visit Handunugoda Tea Factory which is also known as the Virgin White Tea Factory. Learn the history of the tea that this factory produces. Get to know how the famous Virgin White Tea is plucked and processed completely untouched by human hands. Engage in a tasting session with a delicious cup of tea and scrumptious chocolate cake. Get a chance to purchase some tea leaves as a souvenir.
Stilt Fisherman Koggala
Watch the captivating sight of fishermen perched on stilts in the waters along the coast of Koggala. Hear the stories of how stilt fishing came to Sri Lanka, from the mouths of the fishermen who have practiced the craft for generations. Learn how the stilt fishing is done in detail and marvel at the level of skill that goes into it. Get some amazing photographs of the fishermen silhouetted against the shoreline at sunset.
Galle Old Colonial City
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and its secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum and the lighthouse. Walk through the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.
See “Hotels” for details on Accommodation
After the breakfast at the hotel check out and proceed to airport after spending a memorable time in this island.
- 02 nights’ Accommodation in hotels as per the above itinerary or hotels of similar standards
- Meals on Bed and Breakfast basis commencing with breakfast on Day 02 and ending with breakfast on Day 03
- Private Transport with airport transfers in an Air-Conditioned Car throughout the tour. (2010 and Above Manufactured)
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide
- All applicable current local taxes, but subject to change at the time of booking
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application
- International / Domestic Airfare
- Any expenses of personal nature
- Tips & Portages
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified
- Entrance fees and other services not mentioned above
- 1 x 1 Litre Water Bottle Per Person Per Day
- 1 Local SIM Card Per Room